HUMMING/BUZZING WHEN KEY IS "ON"

1991 Honda Accord

yogi87bear

November, 2, 2009 AT 12:15 PM

Noises problem
1991 Honda Accord 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Manual 162400 miles

My car makes a humming noise when the key is in the on position but the engine is off. It remains when the engine is running as well. Sound comes from driver's side of engine compartment.

November, 5, 2009 AT 10:21 AM

Hi yogi87bear,

Have you tried to locate the source of the humming noise? Since noise is present when ignition is turned on, it should not be difficult to locate the source.

yogi87bear

November, 5, 2009 AT 12:56 PM

KHLow2008,

I think the noise is coming from the receiver drier. Any idea why it's making loud grinding/buzzing noises? Thanks for responding.

November, 6, 2009 AT 6:50 AM

You mentioned that engine need not be started for the noise to occur so I don't think it has anything to do with the receiver drier.

Did you check the condenser fan motor to see if it is working when ignition is turned ON?

At the right side of engine compartment there are not many things that can emt buzzing noises. I would suspect a relay that is more probable.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Mercedes Benz
Engine Oil Change and Filter Saturn Vue
 Oil Change & Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Rear