1989 Honda Accord seatbelt/door open beeper goes on when br

MFLO
  • 1989 HONDA ACCORD
Ignition Switch Going Bad? I have an 89 Accord LXI Coupe and the "seatbelt/door open" beeper goes on when I apply my brakes in normal driving and cuts off when I accelerate, but if the daytime temperature is above 80 º more often than not it beeps continuously. Also, my headlights go out when the turn signal lever clicks back to neutral, I have to turn the headlights off then on to get them back. I've had more classic bad ignition switch symptoms in the past (had to hold the key to keep the engine running when starting, usually only in cold weather), but I haven't had that particular problem in a couple of years. Nor has the car ever died in traffic. Help please!
Saturday, May 29th, 2010 AT 7:24 PM

KHLOW2008
Hi mflo,

The door ajar warning coming on is most likely due to the door switch being activated. Check the door adjustment and the door switch condition. If the door is loose, the door switch would have minimal contact to deactivate it and braking would cause the door to move resulting in the door switch being activated.

The lighting switch is failing resulting in the headlights going off when the turn signal lever flips back.
Sunday, May 30th, 2010 AT 11:55 AM