Thank you for the donation.
If power steering assist is poor, possible causes are :
1. Faulty or weak pump. ( Rebuilding or replacement required)
2. Faulty Vehicle Speed sensor ( it is hydraulically operated) Testing required and does not have service parts, however the seals can be purchased from oil seal shops. ( Replacement required if faulty.)
3. Loose power steering belt. There should be squealling noise when at full turn. (Adjustment or replacement of belt required.)
4. Low fluid level. Abnormal gargling noise should be present when turning the steering.
5. Faulty control valve at steering rack. If water had gotten into the steering rack pinion, it could seize the mechanism inside and prevent the valve to operate correctly. ( Rebuilding or replacement of steering rack required.)
6, Faulty steering rack. It could be leaking internally between the left and right side cylinders due to worn sealing ring. ( Rebuilding or replacement of rack required)
Saturday, February 20th, 2010 AT 10:33 AM