1998 HOLDEN VECTRA ENGINE STALLING AND TCS LAND ENGINE CHEC

• dalvisv
  • 1998 Holden Vectra

1998 Holden Vectra 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 196543 miles

hi
I have 1998 holden vectra and I have severe engine stalling problem as soon as I deacclerate when this happens engine light comes on also some time TCS light comes on the the vehicle loose pick up and does not acclerate.I tried toc check the problem myself and I found some thing unusual when I trun on the ignition and leave it on for some time without engine running the TCS light glows and at the same time I can hear some kind of noise in the hood near inlet manifold and fuel injection rail as if some kind of kneumatic cylinder is actuating. Can u please tell me whats the problem. Thank you.

Tuesday, February 23rd, 2010 AT 2:55 AM

• mhpautos

I there,

You will have to get a diagnostic code scan done to read any unresolved fault codes, I will need any codes to help work out what is going on, the noise may well be the idle control motor cycling through its range.

Tuesday, February 23rd, 2010 AT 3:32 AM