Yes it is possible. Also, you should clean the throttle body and Idle Air control (IAC) solenoid using spray type throttle cleaner. Here's how:
1. Remove the air snorkel which runs from the air filter box tot he intake manifold.
2. Have a partner to hold the throttle to the floor (engine OFF).
3. Spray the cleaner into the throttle opening and use a cloth and/or small soft bristle brush to clean the throttle plate and the entire opening.
4. Remove the IAC solenoid (be careful not to lose the rubber O-ring which goes around it - this is a seal and the engine will run terribly without it) and clean its tip with the throttle cleaner.
5. Clean the bore that the IAC fits in to as well.
6. Have your partner to release the throttle.
7. Replace the IAC, air snorkle and any hoses or wires removed during this process.
8. Start engine
**NOTE** the engine will take longer than normal to start because of the "floor" condition caused by the throttle cleaner. Once the engine starts, rev it a few times to burn off the excess fuel/throttle cleaner.
Monday, July 28th, 2014 AT 2:15 PM