There is a defrost actuator that controls the flapper door for directing air.
Can you hear the mode door change when you command defrost?
I attached a procedure for you for the motor but needs to be confirmed before replacing.
The bad part is that the dashboard has to be removed to gain access to the actuator motor.
Warning: on vehicles equipped with airbags, failure to take the proper precautions could result in accidental airbag deployment and possible personal injury.
1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
2. Remove the instrument panel assembly from the vehicle. Refer to: "Body and Frame : Interior Trim : Dashboard/Instrument Panel : Service and Repair" See: Dashboard / Instrument Panel > Service and Repair
Panel-Defrost Door Actuator
imageOpen In New TabZoom/Print
3. Unplug the vacuum harness connector from the panel-defrost door actuator.
4. Remove the two screws that secure the panel-defrost door actuator to the heater-A/C housing.
5. Rotate the panel-defrost door actuator clockwise about one-quarter turn to disengage the hooked end of the actuator link from the hole on the end of the panel-defrost door lever.
6. Remove the panel-defrost door actuator from the heater-A/C housing.
7. Reverse the removal procedures to install. Tighten panel-defrost door actuator mounting screws to 2.2 Nm (20 in. Lbs.).
Friday, January 11th, 2019 AT 2:20 PM