2002 GMC Yukon Battery Drain

MOTOR1313
  • 2002 GMC YUKON
My battery drains to dead in about 48 hours. The battery checks good, I have even switched batteries to no avail. The alternater has checked ok by a professional. The connections on the battery all are clean and tight. We have put an amp meter on it, and it shows only.2 draw with everything visually off. Fuses are all tight. Radio off and all auxillary outlets are disconnnected. Checked vanity lights, dome lights, hood light, all off. Help!
Tuesday, May 13th, 2008 AT 10:12 AM

BUZZSAW
To check the draw you need to disconect the neg side of the battery, put an amp meter in line (in Series) shouldnt be over.030 milli amps. After hooking it up you may have to wait 15 to 30 min for the computers to go to sleep

after that start pulling fuses, start with the maxi fuses first, after eack fuse pull you may have to wait for the computers to go to sleep

do you have onstar?
+1
Tuesday, May 13th, 2008 AT 10:53 AM
MOTOR1313
Buzzsaw, I do have OnStar, not active account
-2
Tuesday, May 13th, 2008 AT 11:11 AM
MASTERTECHTIM
With the draw you have (normal) did you install a new battery? Thats what I would do, and go from there. Or leave the amp meter on for a while and see if a draw gets bigger
Saturday, May 17th, 2008 AT 9:05 AM
MASTERTECHTIM
I just re read the post. Do you have a.2 amp draw which is 200 milliamps or.02 amp draw which is 20 milliamps. If 200 then do what buzzsaw says and start removing fuses.
Saturday, May 17th, 2008 AT 9:06 AM