Battery drain

MOTOR1313
  • 2002 GMC YUKON
My battery drains in about forty eight hours. The battery checks good, I have even switched batteries to no avail. The alternator has checked okay by a professional. The connections on the battery all are clean and tight. We have put an amp meter on it, and it shows only.2 draw with everything visually off. Fuses are all tight. Radio off and all auxiliary outlets are disconnected. Checked vanity lights, dome lights, hood light, all off. Help!
Tuesday, May 13th, 2008 AT 10:12 AM

BUZZSAW
It sounds like you might have a CD stuck in the player causing the small motor to run trying to eject. Here is a guide that will help you find the problem:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-battery-dead-overnight

Please run down this guide and report back.

Cheers
+1
Tuesday, May 13th, 2008 AT 10:53 AM
MOTOR1313
You hit that on the money. The deck was running I could hear it when I got close. Thanks again I love this site.
+1
Tuesday, May 13th, 2008 AT 11:11 AM
MASTERTECHTIM
Use 2CarPros anytime, we are here to help. Please tell a friend.

Cheers
Saturday, May 17th, 2008 AT 9:05 AM
LSUSSEL
Sounds like the fan is running down your battery. I would check your fans to see why they are not shutting off properly and have that fixed so it will shut off and thus not drain your battery. Hope this helps. Not sure what to try, when you turn your car off make sure you turn off the AC and or heat. Then see if the fan still runs. Do not have a lot of knowledge about this one.
Saturday, July 14th, 2018 AT 7:11 PM (Merged)
AQHILL
  • GMC YUKON
I have a 2002 Yukon XL with 78,000 miles. I have been having problems with the battery going dead after truck sits for four to five days. Took vehicle to dealership and they said it was a bad cell in battery. I bought a new battery, drove the truck for about three weeks, let it sit for four to five days and the new battery completely drained. I had to jump the vehicle. Turned key and it clicked and then started up. My battery display reads 15-16 amps when running. I had my stereo completely rewired and still something is draining my battery. The dealership blamed the aftermarket stereo. Not sure what the problem is. Can someone give me provide me with suggestions? According to the dealership, the charging system is okay. I am not sure if this makes a difference but, after the truck is jumped, the "tow/hitch" light is lit up.
TONYBEAN
  • 2003 GMC YUKON
V8 four wheel drive automatic.

My battery drains out on me when I come to a stop or just standing. I had my battery checked and was told that it was okay and the alternator is also okay. Is there anything else that I should check to see why I have to keep getting a jump? Why my battery will not keep a charge?
+1
You may have something placing a draw on the battery and draining it overnight.

Here is a test you can do to see if there is a draw. Check it and let me know what you find.

http://www.2carpros.com/first_things/why_is_my_car_battery_dead_over_night.htm
Saturday, July 14th, 2018 AT 7:12 PM (Merged)
JASONHART1
  • 2005 GMC YUKON
I have a SLT model and it has completely drained two batteries overnight. Any Ideas on where to look first?
+1
Do battery drain test:
FIVESTRIPES704
  • 2001 GMC YUKON
  • 134 MILES
Battery drains after two to three days of inactivity. Battery is one month old and alternator charges battery after jump start.
You need to check for an electrical draw. Refer to our homepage under the DIY section for directions. If you establish there is a draw, remove one fuse at a time to determine the circuit that is causing the draw. Keep in mind, even though your alternator is charging, a bad diode in it could allow power to pass to ground and drain the battery.