1999 GMC Yukon V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 122000 miles
The lock doesn't go to lock position when I hit the auto-lock toggle so it sticks. The window is now not going but about 1/3 the way down when I toggle the window. The window seems to work properly but is being stopped by something.
I need to know how to get the panel, etc. Off to repair the problems.
The car is actually a1999 Yukon Denali.
Thank you for any assistance in the matter.
I just don't want to break anything while doing it.
DOOR TRIM PANEL
Removal (Front Door)
For aid in removal and installation, refer to illustration(s). See Fig. 35-Fig. 37 .
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Remove door handle bezel as follows:
" Insert a flat blade tool between the door inside bezel and the handle assembly.
" Carefully bend outward the retaining clips while pulling out the bezel. If the vehicle is equipped with power locks, disconnect the wiring connector. See Fig. 35.
3. Remove window regulator handle if equipped, as follows:
" Insert the (J9886-01) between the handle (1) and the bearing plate. Align the tool. See Fig. 36 and Fig. 37 .
" Push the tool in order to disengage the clip.
" Pull the handle from the door.
4. Disconnect and remove the power accessory switch mounting panel and speaker wiring connector, as necessary. See DOOR LOCK SWITCHESPOWER ACCESSORY SWITCH PANEL (BASE).
5. Using Trim Panel Remover (J 38778 ), remove trim panel upper extension as follows:
" Carefully pry the retainer from the door. Pull upward in order to release the extension from the trim panel.
" Remove the retainer from the extension.
" To install the retainer to the extension. Insert the extension onto the trim panel. Align the retainer into the hole in the door. Push the extension until the retainer seats.
6. Using a flat blade tool, carefully pry off the trim panel armrest screw cover in order to access the screw.
7. Remove the trim panel armrest screw. Using Trim Panel Remover (J 38778), carefully pry the retainer from the retainer seats.
8. Disconnect the courtesy light connector, if necessary.
9. Remove the trim panel from the door. Remove the courtesy lamp lens or the reflector.
10. Pull the retainers from the slot in the trim panel. Remove the retainers.
Fig. 35: Removing & Installing Door Handle Bezel
Fig. 36: Removing Window Regulator Handle
Fig. 37: Identifying Window Regulator Handle Components
Courtesy of GENERAL MOTORS CORP.
Just so you know on that Fig 36, you can get those tools at Auto Zone........you can also use a piece of wire and hook the end of the clip and pull it out.
Thanks and hope you have a great day.
August, 11, 2009 AT 9:44 PM
Also, it looks like you may have some recalls on your vehicle. The dealer may fix these for free. Please contact the dealer service department, give them the VIN number of your car and have them check on these to see if they apply to you.