ABS BRAKES

1999 GMC Yukon

mcatanzaro

March, 18, 2008 AT 5:13 PM

Brakes problem
1999 GMC Yukon V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 109000 miles

Hi, I have a 99 GMC Yukon 4x4 109,000 miles with the 5.7 Vortec. When coming to a slow stop and applying the brakes, the ABS seems to kick in right before I stop. If you are moving and slam on the brakes on dry pavement they work fine. In snow when you slam on them the abs seems to work fine. The only time they act up is when you are almost at a stop. The pedal pulsates and feels like the abs kicks in. The brakes are in good shape( rotors, pads, back brakes, and all lines are good and fluid full). The ABS light is not coming on at all. Please help, Thank you.

Brakes Abs

mastertechtim

March, 18, 2008 AT 5:54 PM

Help is on the way. The abs sensors have been recalled on your truck. The air gap between the sensor and reluctor wheel is too great causing wheel speed to drop to 0 mph wt low speeds, thus your abs thinks its skidding applying the abs brakes. Contact your gm dealer with your vin number and set up an appointment. Its free.

ABS Computer Replacement
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Toyota Tacoma