EXCESIVE FUEL CONSUMPTION

GMC Sonoma

chevy169

September, 27, 2007 AT 8:40 PM

I have a 2003 zr2 Im getting a p300 random multiple cyl missfire code and when I got the truck it was getting 21mpg and now it gets like 15 mpg. The truck runs great and has always ran great no change did full tune up when light came on also ran injector cleener through it
thanks rob

September, 28, 2007 AT 2:22 AM

Tune-up parts are they OEM parts? P0300 is normally caused by vacuum leaks and bad gas.

Might want to check the airfilter and fuel filter conditions to complete your tune-up.

Loss of compression, and anything that causes an unusually lean fuel mixture (lean misfire), an EGR valve that is stuck open, dirty fuel injectors, low fuel pressure.

chevy169

January, 14, 2008 AT 11:48 AM

Replaced all filters, wires plugs cap and rotor good pressure no vacume leaks. The dealer has it now and they ran injector service on it and gave me a 6 page instruction on reseting the computer. The light still comes on. Is it possable that the internals of the intake leak. They say that the valves have varnish on them causing them to stick. But with 17k miles since the code came up I have a hard time beleving that.

Could be valve problems-if they did a compression check

Engine Oil Change and Filter Chrysler PT
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Edge
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Bronco
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Chevrolet
Oil Change & Filter Replacement Acura TL
Engine Oil Change and Filter