NO START CONDITION THAT IS FUEL RELATED PLLLEEAASEE HELP!!

GMC Sonoma

Soccerdude1080

My 1995 Gmc Sonoma with a 4.3 liter cpi v-6 will not start I replaced the fuel pump the crankshaft position sensor and I know the problem is fuel related because the engine has spark and will run on starting fluid if sprayed into the manifold so does this mean the injector is bad or what also it gets pressure to the port for the pressure gauge before the injector plenum the syptoms were if it started on the first try you were good but if not it wouldnt start until it was left to sit and now it wont start at all

Service Writer

January, 7, 2007 AT 6:59 AM

Did you replace the filter also?
What brand of fuel pump?
Can you hear the fuel pump run?
CAn you check fuel pressure?
These do have a problem with the spyder or octopus, not sure of the real name. PArt of the injection anyways.

Soccerdude1080

January, 7, 2007 AT 7:51 AM

Yes I replaced the filter and if u turn the key you can hear the pump run and the pressure is good

carundell

January, 7, 2007 AT 8:11 AM

Hey soccer,
What is the exact fuel pressure? The only reason I ask is the fuel pump for the vortec motor and non vortec are similar on size and shape, yet the pressure output is drastically different! The spyder injector usually fails " open" meaning it would be dumping fuel vice no fuel, though it is possible for it to fail completely, it is unlikely Let me know!

Chris

Soccerdude1080

The truck has sat a while and I am not driving it but the pressure was 40 something

Service Writer

Try to be more specific on the pressure, a couple pounds can make a difference. Recheck if your not sure and want to get this solved. : )

Soccerdude1080

Sorry I dont have a pressure gauge I used my grandfathers so I dont have one on hand im probably going to buy a scan tool this week but please keep giving me sugestions and help thanks

Service Writer

A scan tool can't tell you the pressure. We will be here : )

Soccerdude1080

I know it cant tell pressure I want to see what error code it gives me if any ill probably buy a gauge also

Service Writer

Gotcha! : )

Soccerdude1080

Cpi only has one injector that feeds each cylinder correct anyway if the pressure is correct would I assume its the fuel pressure regulator/injector or is their any other fuel system component between the gauge port and the injector

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right