ENGINE RUNNING ROUGH

GMC Sonoma

dach

August, 11, 2006 AT 11:05 AM

My sonoma has about 120000 miles. I had been slowly experiencing a loss of power over time. My engine was running fairly smooth until I replaced the primary oxygen sensors. Now It runs awful, like it is missing, and now my check engine light is on. Now I have less power than before please help!

Running Rough

Idles Rough/changed Ects

Service Writer

August, 11, 2006 AT 9:09 PM

For us to be able to assist you, it is absolutely necessary for you to include the make, model, year and mileage of your car.

dach

August, 12, 2006 AT 11:00 AM

I have a 2000 gmc sonoma 4.3 with 120000 miles. After I replaced the oxygen sensors my engine runs poorly. It feels like it is missing causing a significant loss of power. Does anyone have any ideas why this could be happening?

Service Writer

August, 13, 2006 AT 4:02 PM

I'd want to know what the codes are in the computer for starters. Did it run rough prior to the O2s replacement?

dach

August, 13, 2006 AT 4:45 PM

Says there is no bank one activity(driver side oxygen sensor). I do not know if the o2 sensor is bad but it should not be bad. They are ac-delco(part # afs105).

Service Writer

August, 14, 2006 AT 9:31 AM

Since this happened after the replacement, you need to scrutinize your steps.

No activity?

Is the connector on tight? Check it. If tight, pull it off and look for bent pin, corrosion etc.

Verify the part is right. IF so swap the old one and the new again. IF it changes, take the new 02 back and try a different brand or an OEM one. Check for a part number on the original if possible.

I agree that the new 02 shouldn't be bad, but that isn't always reality. For that matter, I have had the wrong sensors in boxes marked otherwise, application issues and on and on.