Replacing Motor Mounts

MOJO NASSAU
  • 2010 GMC

2.2 s10 truck - I need to replace the motor mounts. What is the procedure to do this please? I am handy with DYI automotive jobs but I have never attempted to do this procedure before.
FYI; I have replaced half shafts w/CV Joints, removed and reset a head, replaced radiators. I have ramps and the normal set of hand tools.
Some guidance please.

Sunday, March 19th, 2006 AT 6:33 PM

2CARPROS KEN

Here is the instructions from the manual with diagrams (BELOW).

Remove the wheel and tire assembly. Refer to Tire and Wheel Removal and Installation (See: Maintenance Wheels and Tires Service and Repair).
Remove the engine shield, if equipped. Refer to Engine Protection Shield Replacement (See: Body and Frame Frame Skid Plate Service and Repair).
Remove the lower intermediate steering shaft. Refer to Lower Intermediate Steering Shaft Replacement (See: Steering and Suspension Steering Steering Column Service and Repair Lower Intermediate Steering Shaft Replacement).

Support the engine using a jack stand and a block of wood.
Remove the engine mount-to-frame bracket through bolt for the mount being replaced.
Loosen the right side through bolt.
Remove the heater pipe bracket bolt from the engine mount. Refer to Heater Outlet Hose Replacement (See: Cooling System Heater Hose Service and Repair Heater Outlet Hose Replacement).
Raise the engine using the jack stand; the engine will tilt to one side.

Remove the engine mount bolts.
Remove the engine mount. You will need to articulate the mount in order to remove the mount.
Installation Procedure Note: You will need to articulate the mount in order to install the mount.

Install the engine mount.

Install the engine mount bolts.

Caution: Refer to Fastener Caution (See: Service Precautions Vehicle Damage Warnings Fastener Caution).

To aid in the installation of the bolts, start a bolt in position (1) first. Tighten the bolts to 50 Nm (37 lb ft).
Lower the engine.

Install the engine mount-to-frame bracket through bolt and tighten to 85 Nm (63 lb ft).
Install the engine coolant pipe bracket bolt from the engine mount. Refer to Heater Outlet Hose Replacement (See: Cooling System Heater Hose Service and Repair Heater Outlet Hose Replacement).
Remove the jack stand.
Install the lower intermediate steering shaft.
Install the engine shield, if equipped.
Install the wheel and tire assembly.

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers, Ken

Thursday, May 18th, 2017 AT 11:42 AM