HAVEING TROUBLE INSTALLING STARTER ON 95 CHEVY S10

1995 GMC

cbrunner82

April, 12, 2006 AT 9:26 AM

I have a 95 Chevy S10 v6 4.3 vin model Z. I know the basics of car repair but I unfortunatlly have never changed a starter, but some buddies of mine have and offered to help to save me some money. Once we got under the truck we realized this was not as easy as first expected. The starter seems to be in there very tight. We removed the manafold or (cover) around the fly wheel and that gave us a bit more room but now it seems the wires are taught and it is not allowing us to pull the starter out. I was hoping that someone might know something we don't already know, possibly something else needs to be removed. Thank you any suggestions would be helpful

Chad

losone

April, 12, 2006 AT 12:09 PM

Make sure the battery is disconnected. Locate the harness that connects to the starter and follow it up looking for connections that secure it to the engine and fire wall. Do the same for the battery cable. Disconnect them and it should give you enough room to move the starter far enough to disconnect the wires.

Starter Motor Replacement Ford Mustang
Starter Replacement
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement