FUEL FILTER LOCATED BONNEVILLE

2000 GMC

lsussel

May, 23, 2006 AT 1:12 PM

Where is the fuel filter located in a 2000 pontiac bonneville, 3800 series engine?

thanks,
lee

losone

May, 23, 2006 AT 2:00 PM

Amids ships on the drivers side under the car. It is covered by a metal shield and a pain to change. Have a shop do it unless you like dirt on your back and gas in your eyes. Good luck

lsussel

May, 23, 2006 AT 9:01 PM

Amid ship? Whats that? So its very hard to do your saying and just wondering, why is the shop better capable then me?

losone

May, 24, 2006 AT 6:27 AM

Amid ship is a saying that the filter is located in the middle of the car underneath. It is about 18" to 2 feet from the drivers edge of the car.

I was trying to save you some grief. The filter is under the car and hard to get to. It requires 2 different size line wrenches. It is under pressure so gasoline will spray. The lines are steel and break with too much pressure in the wrong direction while the filter is being manipulated in and out of position. The line nuts strip easily.

If you have never changed one it is a chore without a rack and the tools.

Do what you want I was trying to be helpful, thats what we do on this web site--good luck

lsussel

May, 24, 2006 AT 12:05 PM

Thanks, I will deff take your advice and have a shop do it! That sounds like a job thats way over my head for even someone with my experience!

Thank you.

Fuel Filters Replacement 2015 RAM 2500 6.7L
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Fuel Filter Mount Replacement Chevrolet
Fuel Filter Replacment BMW 525i
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford F-250
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Filter Change