DROPPED A WASHER IN THE DISTRIBUTOR HOLE

GMC

ImpalaKarma

March, 11, 2006 AT 4:41 PM

Just as it says. A washer slipped out of my hand and into the distributor hole. I just did a complete rebuild on it and was planning on dropping it in today. I don't want to have to drop the oil pan again. So, I'm looking for advice and wondering where you think the washer ended up? I can't see it or reach it with a magnet. Thanks for the help.

Edit: '63 Impala 327 Chevy Smallblock w/ powerglide transmission

burrbrian

March, 13, 2006 AT 11:41 AM

Hey don't shoot the messenger!
Sadly enough you may have to drop the pan, but if the motor isn't in yet your'e better off. There is a small possibility that it may be in the valley under your intake, also. It's worth the time and trouble to chase it down as it would suck if you fired it up and found it jammed in the cam-dist. Gear! Sorry, but better safe than sorry.

ImpalaKarma

March, 13, 2006 AT 2:52 PM

Dropped the oil pan and found it. Thanks for the response.

mvannessjr

March, 13, 2006 AT 5:53 PM

Glad to hear about the recovery. Such a pain, can't imagine what would have gone wrong if you didn't drop the pan. : Oops:

Spark Plug Replacement Ford Explorer 4.6L V8
Spark Plug Replacement Mercedes Benz C230
Spark Plug and Wire Replacement Ford Mustang