CAR WONT STAY RUNNING

• razz kull
  • GMC

Hi all. I have a 1991 chevy corsica. 3.1 multi port fuel injected. The car sat for 1 year, and when I put it back on the road the car ran good for a couple of months. Then one day I wanted to go up town, and it wouldnt stay running. I had it taken to a garage and they checked the fuel pump, and that was good. And they replaced the fuel filter, and still couldnt keep it running. They the replaced the wireing harness underneath the intake, cause of some cracked wires, still not the problem. Now its hard to start and once it starts, you touch the gas it stalls every time. What to do i'm ready to junk it.

Thursday, February 2nd, 2006 AT 3:34 PM

• sc1 racing

Have you checked all the vacum lines? Also check the egr valve.

Also may be equiped with a cold start. Start and let engine get up to temp and then try to drive.

Friday, February 3rd, 2006 AT 1:52 PM
  • 90chevyK2500

May need the injectors cleaned out. After sitting for that long with no Sta-Bil the gas can turn to varnish and clog the fuel system up.

Saturday, February 4th, 2006 AT 1:21 PM
  • razz kull

Thanks for the info ill check it out and let you know later. : Lol:

Saturday, February 4th, 2006 AT 3:58 PM