CAR WONT STAY RUNNING

GMC

razz kull

February, 2, 2006 AT 3:34 PM

Hi all. I have a 1991 chevy corsica. 3.1 multi port fuel injected. The car sat for 1 year, and when I put it back on the road the car ran good for a couple of months. Then one day I wanted to go up town, and it wouldnt stay running. I had it taken to a garage and they checked the fuel pump, and that was good. And they replaced the fuel filter, and still couldnt keep it running. They the replaced the wireing harness underneath the intake, cause of some cracked wires, still not the problem. Now its hard to start and once it starts, you touch the gas it stalls every time. What to do i'm ready to junk it.

1991 Hard To Start

Engine Does Not Stay Running

sc1 racing

February, 3, 2006 AT 1:52 PM

Have you checked all the vacum lines? Also check the egr valve.

Also may be equiped with a cold start. Start and let engine get up to temp and then try to drive.

90chevyK2500

February, 4, 2006 AT 1:21 PM

May need the injectors cleaned out. After sitting for that long with no Sta-Bil the gas can turn to varnish and clog the fuel system up.

razz kull

February, 4, 2006 AT 3:58 PM

Thanks for the info ill check it out and let you know later. : Lol:

Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement