EXHAUST QUESTION

1985 GMC

kcord09

August, 18, 2008 AT 12:23 PM

1985 Other GMC Models V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 169974 miles

I have two questions first question if I detach my exhaust pipes and drive it is that safe? And second if I wanted to make my truck louder do I need to buy a new exhaust system or will those little exhaust attatchments make it louder?

blackop555

August, 18, 2008 AT 1:52 PM

Yes its safe, but loud and illegal also if you have immisions testing its illegal. Also removing a catalytic convertor emissions or not is a federal crime.

If you want it louder you can put on a glasspack instead of your stock muffler. The tips are for looks not sound.

You can go with a true dual exhaust with high flow convertors and glasspacks for the loudest combonation, it will be loud accelerating or crusing and emissions legal, dunno if the cops would like the sound but if your lite on the pedal shouldnt matter.

Id go with flowmasters have a very unique and good sound. Loud on acceleration quites down when crusing.

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Replace Muffler