PLASTIC ITEM IN THE FUEL PATH FROM THE NECK...

GMC Jimmy

Anarchyx67

February, 15, 2007 AT 11:03 AM

Hi!
I have a 2001 GMC Jimmy. A friend was helping me when I ran out of gas < have a faulty fuel gauge>. He put the gas can tip into the neck, but did not remove a small red plastic " cap" beforehand. When he pulled the tip back out, the plastic piece fell down into the fuel neck.

What do I have to go through to get access to, and remove this plastic piece from the fuel path? The engine runs fine, I don't notice any affect yet from the item being in the fuel path.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Carl

K4ITF

February, 24, 2007 AT 11:32 PM

Don't worry about it. I did the same thing about 10 years ago in my 91 s-10. I changed the fuel pump about a year ago and the little red plug was laying right there in the tank rolling around, no worse for the wear. If you ever change the fuel pump, you can give the guy back his cap. Its too big to fit through the pickup screen anyway. : Wink:

2CarPros Ken

March, 1, 2007 AT 10:00 PM

Good answer, exactly right. : D

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Fuel Filter Replacment BMW 525i
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma