96 4.3L CMEFI V6 TESTING FUEL GAUGE

1996 GMC Jimmy

donnie7

May, 4, 2012 AT 5:20 PM

Im testing the power going to the fuel meter body I pull the connector off test each set of wires coming from the pcm I get good strobes on all 6 but I thought I was suppose to have constant power when ignition is on. But I dont get a code. Looking for help with finding the ground wire on the intake manifold, proper way of testing power to injectors>>fuel system is new up to the fuel meter body>> this issue came up about 50 miles back, started stalling in idle and when driving making stop or sudden slow down, I only had a cold start issue before this. Check engine light stays solid when you turn it on, no codes came from the scanner. Not sure if im testing the constant power supply to the injectors.

May, 4, 2012 AT 8:30 PM

Get a noid lite and hook it up to the injector harness-while cranking engine over the noid lite should be flashing, also check the ECM/IGN fuse no.10 20amp in I/P fuse block-

donnie7

May, 4, 2012 AT 8:46 PM

I get good strobing lights on all. And fuse is good

May, 4, 2012 AT 9:22 PM

Check the fuel pressure with a gauge if its within specs

donnie7

May, 5, 2012 AT 5:52 PM

Test done and it only shows 16psi I don't understand the fuel pump is new and filter is new too.

May, 5, 2012 AT 9:06 PM

See fuel pressure below-injector/s or the fuel pressure regulator are probably leaking

donnie7

May, 5, 2012 AT 9:12 PM

Ill do that but a question, would it atleast try to start if fuel is leaking inside the plenum?

May, 5, 2012 AT 9:50 PM

Are you getting spark if so it should be able to fire up -too much fuel will cause it to flood out

donnie7

May, 5, 2012 AT 10:29 PM

I have plenty of spark. But it don't try to start just turns over. And power to injectors

May, 5, 2012 AT 10:33 PM

Your fuel pressure is way too low-

Have you use the noid lite to test the injector circuit? You need to do this

Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Fuel Filter Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Filter Mount Replacement Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Filter Replacement Chevrolet Silverado
Fuel Filter Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right