1994 GMC JIMMY ENGINE BOGS WHEN TRYING TO ACCELERATE

• tomlavender
  • 1994 GMC Jimmy

1994 GMC Jimmy 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 175000 miles

i have a problem trying to accelerate it bogs or hesitates and it does not ever come back up I have changed the spider, fuel pump fuel filter, 02 sensor I am at aloss trying to go from here any suggestions

Wednesday, January 7th, 2009 AT 2:35 PM

• island_pride71

Test the fuel pressure, it should read 60-66 psi. Also the throttle position sensor and the manifold absolute pressure sensor.

When was the last tune-up?
Could be a weak ignition coil.

Wednesday, January 7th, 2009 AT 3:40 PM
  • tomlavender

The fuel pump which was replaced right before my posting was messed up due to some bad gas. We replaced it again & it's working fine now. I was ASE certified in engine repair & am in the processd of getting my CAT(erpillar) certification through a local college so it's not like I don't know anything about cars. I work on semi trucks & heavy equipment for a living & have been doing it for the last 25 years. I was just at a loss the day I posted the problem considering I had replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, the fuel injector & the 02 sensor & 2 days later it started doing it again. I do appreciate the effort anyways.
Tom

Saturday, January 10th, 2009 AT 3:32 AM