TOO MUCH FUEL CONSUMPRION?

2007 GMC C1500

hal7146

April, 19, 2008 AT 12:11 AM

2007 GMC C1500 V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 20,000 miles

I own a Sierra SLT. I love the way it handles, how it drives how it respondes, but I don't think that 13 mpg is reasonable. Or is it?
I installed a Cold Air Intake and did not help, but very minimal change.I'm also using Castrol Syntec. What's out there that can be done to make a change on this fuel dilema?
On E-Bay there's a vendor called Dynamic Tunning that sells a chip that according to him should produce enough horse power which i'am not intrested. But the fuel increase is real good like up to 20 mpg if you believe that?
What about the turbonator? Which seems to have a good reputation? Will NEW PERFORMANCE plugs, wires, fuel filter make a difference?
Or do I have to wait untill the engine brakes in? Which I think this milage should be enough for the engine to be broke in.
I would really appreciate your HELP if there's anything that can be done?

blackop555

April, 19, 2008 AT 9:39 AM

First of all what im going to have to ask you is, what size litre engine do you have and what speed transmission?

Dont go with any of those chipsets taht claim great mileage increase. Its a load of bull. The most you will get is 1-2 mpg and a decrease in performance.

Air Intake Boot Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Air Filter Replacement Subaru Legacy
Air Filter Replacement BMW 525i
Air Filter Replacement
Air Filter Replacement