FUEL PUMP RELAY

1992 Geo Prizm

bstocks90

July, 22, 2010 AT 8:18 PM

1992 Geo Prizm 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 226000 miles

I am not getting any voltage at the gray connector that feeds the fuel pump, located under the rear seat. I am guessing that the next step is to check the fuel pump relay but I cannot find it. The guy I bought the car from was told by his uncle mechanic that it needed a fuel pump relay. Everyone says that it is under the steering wheel in that electrical aparatus, but it is not. Nor is it against the passenger side wall with the heater and A/C relays and fuses. No luck in the main relay center under the hood or anywhere near the fuel tank. I have seen the picture saying that it is behind the center console. Does that mean it is behind, towards the back seat, under the console or mingled with the heat and ac controls in the dash. It is not behind the dash, as far as I can tell. I have looked everywhere for this darned thing and can't find it anywhere. Pictures would help big time, since it is very frustrating to have to yell at written directions. Thanks for the help in advance!

bluelightnin6

July, 23, 2010 AT 1:38 AM

Hello and thanks for donating

The Circuit Opening relay is the relay used for the fuel pump. The Circuit Opening relay is behind the center of the dash, at the engine control module (ECM). The radio will need to be removed to access this.. Diagram is provided below..

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/261618_Noname_2487.jpg

Replace Fuel Pump Relay
Replace Your Fuel Pump Relay - Easy Steps
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang