Wiper fuse location

RFEKETE
  • 2005 CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER
The fuse map does not show location, it only shows washer fluid. Blades will not shut off.
Sunday, November 12th, 2017 AT 6:55 AM

KEN
This problem is becasue of the wiper control module needs to be replaced which is inside of the wiper motor or the control switch it shorted.

The fuse number is 33. Here is a guide and a wiper wiring diagram so you can do some simple testing to see what's going on.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers, Ken
Thursday, November 16th, 2017 AT 11:05 AM
THEDOGHOSUE
  • 2003 CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER
My original problem was the front wiper motor would not shut off. For about 2 weeks I was pulling the fuse and then the motor burned out. However, at that time the washer motor would run continuously. I got a new wiper motor and installed it and now I'm back where I started with the wipers not shutting off. I have removed and unplugged the multi switch from the steering wheel, and it still will not shut off. I also tried re grounding the motor, and still the same problem. This thing is driving me crazy! Can you please help?

P.S. There is no moisture sensor on this.
Saturday, October 27th, 2018 AT 3:49 PM (Merged)
BRIAN 1
Replace the windshield wiper motor cover.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/147643_wiper_1.jpg

+1
THEDOGHOSUE
I have already changed the motor assembly, including the front cover and am still having problems. Any other suggestions?
+1
BRIAN 1
Here is the flow chart, follow it.2
Turn the windshield wiper/washer switch OFF.
Turn ON the ignition.
Are the windshield wipers always on?
Go to Step 3
Go to Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections in Wiring Systems

3
Disconnect the steering column harness connector.
Remove the connector terminal row E from the steering column connector half.
Connect the steering column harness connector.
Turn ON the ignition.
Are the windshield wipers always on?
Go to Step 4
Go to Step 6

4
Test the windshield wiper switch high signal circuit for a short to ground. Refer to Circuit Testing and Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.

Did you find and correct the condition?
Go to Step 10
Go to Step 5

5
Test the windshield wiper switch signal 1 circuit for a short to voltage. Refer to Circuit Testing and Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.

Did you find and correct the condition?
Go to Step 10
Go to Step 9

6
Test the windshield wiper switch high signal circuit in the steering column harness for a short to ground. Refer to Circuit Testing and Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.

Did you find and correct the condition?
Go to Step 10
Go to Step 7

7
Test the windshield wiper switch signal 1 circuit in the steering column harness for a short to voltage. Refer to Circuit Testing and Wiring Repairs in Wiring Systems.

Did you find and correct the condition?
Go to Step 10
Go to Step 8

8
Replace the windshield wiper/washer switch. Refer to Turn Signal Multifunction Switch Replacement in Steering Wheel and Column.

Is the repair complete?
Go to Step 10
--

9
Replace the windshield wiper motor cover. Refer to Wiper Motor Cover Replacement.

Is the repair complete?
Go to Step 10
--
-2
THEDOGHOSUE
I feel that my original description of the problem, was not truly read. Your first response said to replace the cover motor, which I had already done. Now your sending me a flow chart on how to test a switch, which I had already done, and it still runs. You are obviously not paying attention. I'm not trying to be an ass hole, but if you're too busy for me, than refund my $20.00.
BRIAN 1
I sent you to the flow chart because there is something you might have overlooked, yes I did read your problem, I suggested the wiper cover because all the things you told me lead to the cover. Seeing as none of this worked we have to start all over and back to basics. You have to test for a short to ground of a short to voltage. If you replaced the cover and the motor, that only leaves 2 things, the multi-function switch or a circuit problem, its hard for me to help to when I can only go by what your telling me, if this info does not help then contact me and I will see to it that you get a refund. Sorry for the confusion. Brian
THEDOGHOSUE
Thank you. It makes sense what you are saying. The cover is good, but I do have a question. Is the black wire constantly hot to the motor? Aslo the yellow wire is hot when turning the switch on is that correct? Thank you again for your help Brian.
BRIAN 1
Black is ground which is M on the connector and yellow is Accessory Voltage.1 question does this vehicle have outside moisture sensor? Also I forgot alot of the 02-05 t blazers had a water intrustion problem at the wiper motor connector, it was very common and turned into a recall, check the connector very close for corrosion that will also cause the wipers to not shut off. If none of this solves the problem post back an will assist further.
PJJ676
  • 2005 CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER
2005 Chevy Trailblazer Automatic

My wipers will not cut off. I have tried removing fuses and they still run.
THEDOGHOSUE
No moister sensor.I have 2 blacks at the connector. One is thicker than the other.I replaced the motor plug connector on the female side. It was water damaged. If the thicker black wire is ground, than I'm shorting somewhere.I think? Please let me know your thoughts. Just rechecked and wires on supply to motor. Found large black wire to ground got continuity and found a blue wire to ground, got continuity. Question, there is only supposed to be 1 ground with no voltage going to it correct? If so, which is the true ground?

Thank you.
There is a ground inside the woper motor that if you are pretty good electrically ou can reattach it as it probably broke off. It is under the cover.
BRIAN 1
M on the connector is ground, the other black wire is for the outside moisture sensor which is A on the connector, but you dont have rain sense wipers, so M is the only ground. Also recheck the wires you repaired for loose connections or corrosion, as far as testing, your at the wrong part, start by disconnecting the connector at the multi-function switch. It gets its input from that switch to the wiper motor, and the wiper motor is the ground. On the chart that I posted follow that, your going to test the windshield wiper switch high signal circuit in the steering column harness for a short to ground. This is how you test it, Remove the power feed (i.E. Fuse, control module) from the suspect circuit.
Disconnect the load.
Set the rotary dial of the DMM to the ohm position.
Connect one lead of the DMM to one end of the circuit to be tested.
Connect the other lead of the DMM to a good ground.
If the DMM does NOT display infinite resistance (OL), there is a short to ground in the circuit. You need to have a mult-meter to test it. Your testing for a wire that might be grounded somewhere, which would cause the wipers to stay on, test this first, then will go to the next step.I have a feeling it might need a mult-funtion switch. But test this first.
THEDOGHOSUE
Fixed problem. Grounded wire. Unfortunately, fixing one problem created another. Is there a way to reset the security light? Thank you again for your help.
BRIAN 1
For the security light you would have to have it scanned, then post the code.
YANK75
  • 2003 CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER
The front windsheild wipers on my 03 Trailblazer just stopped working all of a sudden.
The rear wiper stopped working first and started working again, then the front just stopped working.

Any help?
JARYPETKO
Check fuses first. Pull, check, reinsert, pull, and replace. Fuses in front panel and under rear seat. If fuses are good and in solidly, problem probably in the switch, and needs repair or replaced.
Saturday, October 27th, 2018 AT 3:50 PM (Merged)
HESSEY
  • 2002 CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER
When the wipers are turned on to the intermitent setting they are very jumpy going across the windshield. When the stting is increased to a continual run they work fine. How can I fix the intermitent so that it works properly? I have stripped the windshield of all build-up but this this did not cure the problem.
DOCFIXIT
You may need new arms the spring gets weak and can't hold blade to windshield.
HESSEY
I had to replace the wiper motor tom fix the problem.