Check the relay connectors for corrosion. Resistance causes components to heat up. Also the relay itself could be getting weak itself. A relay has to parts to it. It is nothing more than an electromagnetic switch. When electricity is supplied to an electromagnetic coil it is energized and pulls a switch closed, which completes a circuit and let's electricity flow to desired component. When the switch gets to weak to be held in place by the magnetism of the energized coil, it will intermittently fail. Switch out the relay for a new one and see if this solves your problem. Get back to us with what you are able to find out.
Monday, April 15th, 2019 AT 3:13 AM