The fuel filter is under the hood near the brake master cylinder. See pic 1.
First, here is a link that shows in general how to replace one:
Here are the directions specific to your vehicle. The pics attached correlate with the directions.
1995 Ford Escort L4-116 1.9L SOHC
Vehicle Powertrain Management Fuel Delivery and Air Induction Fuel Filter Service and Repair Procedures
1. Relieve the fuel system pressure, refer to Fuel Pressure Release Procedure. See: Fuel Pressure Release > Procedures
2. Disconnect negative battery cable.
NOTE: When the battery has been disconnected and reconnected, some abnormal drive symptoms may occur while the powertrain control module relearns its adaptive strategy. The vehicle may need to be driven 10 miles or more to relearn the adaptive strategy.
3. Position a suitable container below the fuel filter to collect any excess fuel that may leak from the filter or lines.
4. Remove the retaining clip from the filter upper hose.
5. Disconnect the upper hose from the filter and drain any excess fuel into the container. Plug the hose.
6. Loosen the fuel filter mounting clamp.
7. Raise the vehicle.
8. Remove the retaining clip from the lower filter hose.
9. Disconnect the lower hose from the fuel filter and drain any excess fuel into the container. Plug the hose.
10. Lower the vehicle.
11. Remove fuel filter.
1. Position the new filter in place and tighten the filter mounting clamp.
2. Connect the upper filter hose to the filter.
3. Install the upper hose retaining clip.
4. Raise the vehicle.
5. Connect the lower filter hose to the filter.
6. Install the lower hose retaining clip.
7. Lower the vehicle.
8. Connect the negative battery cable.
9. Check for fuel leaks.
I hope this helps. Let me know if you have other questions.
Take care and God Bless,
Images (Click to enlarge)
Saturday, March 13th, 2021 AT 9:57 PM