Fuel filter location

GREG HALLATT
  • 1995 CADILLAC DEVILLE

Where is the fuel filter located?

Monday, November 14th, 2016 AT 2:16 PM

JIS001

A steel in-line filter is located under the vehicle on the drivers side in the fuel feed pipe. Quick connect type fitting are used at both ends of the filter.

+1
Monday, November 14th, 2016 AT 2:26 PM
COOLDOGG
  • 1993 CADILLAC DEVILLE

I HAVE A 93 CADILAC DEVILLE, AND CANT FIND THE FUEL FILTER. NOT ON THE DRIVER SIDE WHERE IT SAYS.

+1
Saturday, April 22nd, 2017 AT 11:38 AM (Merged)
2CARPROS KEN

The fuel filter is under the car near the gas tank. Here is a guide and a diagram to help you get the job done.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-change-a-fuel-filter

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers, Ken

+2
LEILAW
  • 1990 CADILLAC DEVILLE

I was told I need a fuel filter replaced on my car- I cant afford labor, I am very poor. I need detailed instructions as to how to do this, please help! Thanks in advance. I was also told spark plugs need to be replaced as well but fuel filter is what is causing problems with car not staying running. I'm doing both repairs but just wanted to get as much information as possible to ensure success. This is my only vehicle, I need it for school & daily driving.

FREEMBA

REMOVAL & INSTALLATION FUEL FILTER
CAUTION
Never smoke when working around gasoline! Avoid all sources of sparks or ignition. Gasoline vapors are EXTREMELY volatile!
WARNING
Fuel supply lines on all vehicles equipped with fuel injected engines will remain pressurized for long periods after engine shutdown. The pressure must be relieved before servicing these fuel systems.
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Depressurize the fuel system.
3. Remove the filter bracket retainer.
4. For plastic type fittings:
A. Grasp the filter and one fuel line fitting. Twist the quick connect fitting 1 / 4 turn in each direction to loosen any dirt within the fitting. Repeat for the other fuel line fitting.
B. Squeeze the plastic retainer release tabs and pull the connection apart. Repeat for the other fitting.
5. For metal type fittings:
A. Use a fuel pipe quick-connect separator J37088 or equivalent. This is available from your local parts store.
B. Insert the tool into the female side of the connector, then push inward to release locking tabs. Pull the connection apart.
To install:
6. Remove the protective caps from the new filter and apply a few drops of clean engine oil to both tube ends of the filter and O-rings. Install the fuel filter so that the flow arrow follows the direction of fuel flow.
7. Install the new plastic connector retainers onto the filter inlet and outlet tubes (plastic collar type fittings).
8. Push the connectors together to cause the retaining tabs to snap into place. Once installed pull on both ends of each connection to make sure they are secure.
9. Before installing the fitting on the filter, wipe the filter end with a clean cloth. Inspect the inside of the fitting to make sure it is free of dirt and/or obstructions
10. Align the fitting, and filter axially and push the fitting onto the filter end. Pull on the fitting to make sure it is fully engaged.
11. Install the fuel filter and bracket on the frame.
12. Connect the negative battery cable.
13. Start the engine and check for leaks.

Please let me know if these images upload. If not I can send them another way. Thanks.

+1
LASHANDA
  • 1992 CADILLAC DEVILLE

1992 Cadillac Deville

where is the fuel filter on a 1992 cadillac deville located?

FACTORYJACK

It is on the RH frame rail, in the front, where the lines start heading up to the engine compartment. Accessed from under the vehicle.

JOKESCOL
  • 1992 CADILLAC DEVILLE

1992 Cadillac Deville V8 Front Wheel Drive Automatic

where is my fuel filter on my 1992 cadillac deville 4.9 lt. Send me a picture of where its located.

FACTORYJACK

Don't have a picture handy. It is either back by the tank near left rear wheel, or on the left body rail near the rear subframe where the lines enter the engine compartment.

ROCKINFELLER
  • 1992 CADILLAC DEVILLE

1992 Cadillac Deville V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic

wanna know where the fuel filter is located

Hi:
Follow the fuel line coming from the fuel tank. It should be near the front floor pan (friver's side).