Fuel/car refuses to start

NEIL MYBURGH
  • 1994 BMW 525I
As previously said, car stood for three years. Last week car started and stalled. You where correct about it passing through (blockage) now before I could replace fuel filter the car has done the same. Now it refuses to start. On the dash it indicates on the idling gauge if it would start, but sometimes the gauge moves when trying to start other times the gauge (most of the time) does not move. My assumption is that the jets are blocked and no fuel is going into the carbs. Help me.
Friday, February 17th, 2017 AT 8:41 PM

KEN
Hey Neil,

If the tachometer is not moving it sounds like the crankshaft angle sensor is not working. Can you check to see if the the car has spark?

Follow this guide

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-test-an-ignition-system

Please run this test and get back to us so we can continue helping you.

Best, Ken
Sunday, February 19th, 2017 AT 3:20 PM
NEIL MYBURGH
  • 1994 BMW 525I
Found that oil is leaking out on the driver side in the front of vehicle. Topped her up and suddenly the steering starts moaning when driving and turning. Leaking somewhere at the pump, spraying it onto the radiator fan. Cup is empty again.
Monday, February 20th, 2017 AT 6:07 PM (Merged)
Spraying power steering fluid usually comes from a leaking high-pressure hose. You may need to wash the area with an engine degreaser, then watch where the fluid is leaking from.
+1
NEIL MYBURGH
  • 1994 BMW 525I
This morning driving to work car started to stutter, still idling in drive but fail to drive. Vehicle stood for three years. When switching off, waiting for a while, started up and drove very slowly and stopped moving. Every time I switch car off and start again she pulls away to start slowing down to a standstill refusing to drive off. Is it the fuel filter sucking up dirt in the tank?
Your description matches exactly what can happen when the in-tank pick-up screen collapses or becomes plugged. The clue is it will pass fuel again after sitting for a few minutes.
+1