Front turn signals

ROB HESS2
  • 2003 SATURN ION
  • 199 MILES
Asking to Saturntech9 or anyone else who could help. Just bought this car a week ago, and the front signals did not work. I popped the headlight out and put new bulbs in from my buddies shop and just secured some loose tape with fresh on both sides and the right works, but the left still nothing. In the cab the right signal is a slower click than before but the left is still fast. Any fuses I could check to see if they are maybe burnt out? Or a possible electrical issue? If so how would I diagnose which wire?
Saturday, February 18th, 2017 AT 10:04 PM

SATURNTECH9
So does the left front does not work?Also, are there white resistors installed by the headlights? There was s recall for the front turn signals and resistors were installed?They cut the power to the front turn signal bulbs down. They had trouble with the bulb sockets melting overheating. The only thing I have seen on those if it is not the bulb then it is the harness that goes into the headlight assembly. You can only test the harness in the headlights assembly with the multi-meter. The BCM will shut done the inop circuit each time you turn the key on if there is a fault in the circuit. You cannot just test for power etc.
Sunday, February 19th, 2017 AT 9:03 AM
SATURNTECH9
Do the bulb sockets look blackened or melted?
Sunday, February 19th, 2017 AT 9:04 AM
ROB HESS2
Both sides orange lights come on, but only the right blinker blinks. The other one just stays lit. The sockets don't look black or melted at all, so probably problems with the wiring in the harness?
Sunday, February 19th, 2017 AT 2:34 PM
ROB HESS2
Sorry on the late response, ordered new wiper transmission with the metal on metal arm and linkage only to find out it was a half inch too big for my car. Fun stuff
Sunday, February 19th, 2017 AT 2:36 PM
ROB HESS2
The resistors are there, there are two recall completion stickers so I am assuming it is up to date.
Sunday, February 19th, 2017 AT 3:48 PM
SATURNTECH9
Did you buy the Dorman wiper transmission? That is the one I put in my niece's 2003 Saturn Ion fit perfect.
Sunday, February 19th, 2017 AT 3:54 PM
ROB HESS2
No it was the apdty wiper transmission. Once I get my refund I will get the Dorman
Sunday, February 19th, 2017 AT 5:23 PM
SATURNTECH9
Get it from rock auto dot com. Also, I have a five percent discount code for them if you need it. You can ohms test the wire harness in the headlight.
Sunday, February 19th, 2017 AT 9:31 PM
ROB HESS2
Thanks man I just checked it out and it is one of the cheapest I could find. A little less than the other one I bought. The code would be appreciated, I will have to go get a multi-meter, but thanks for the help!
Sunday, February 19th, 2017 AT 9:39 PM
SATURNTECH9
Discount code is 5749533551276203 put it in the order screen where it says how did you hear about us box.
Sunday, February 19th, 2017 AT 9:46 PM
ROB HESS2
I got the multimeter from my buddy but he didn't give that thorough instructions on how to use it. Where do I check in the headlight? And it has a manual knob on the multimeter? Where do I set it at for testing?
Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017 AT 10:41 AM
SATURNTECH9
https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-voltmeter

I posted how to use a multi meter you need to unplug the headlight assembly and measure the resistance from one end of the headlight harness to where the bulb plugs in.You can match up the colors of the wires.You should see two ohms or less on each of the two wires.
Wednesday, February 22nd, 2017 AT 8:37 PM
ROB HESS2
Thanks dude! I didn't even need to use the multimeter. A wired wasn't connecting to The clip in the middle so I spliced it to the the connecting wire and capped it. Works like it never had a problem. Now once I order the wipers and install them I'll have a driveable car
Thursday, February 23rd, 2017 AT 10:56 AM
SATURNTECH9
Good to hear you will like the dorman wiper transmission my niece has had hers in her car for a few years now probably longer then I even realize. Time flies by so quickly these days.
Thursday, February 23rd, 2017 AT 12:54 PM
SATURNTECH9
Also tell all your friends about our website
Thursday, February 23rd, 2017 AT 12:55 PM