2006 Saturn Ion Turn signal trouble

GARRRANDY
  • 2006 SATURN ION
Right turn signal blinking faster. Right rear turn signal not working, so I replaced bulb. Did not fix problem
Friday, January 16th, 2015 AT 1:03 PM

Was the old bulb faulty, could you tell if bulb filament was broken in the bulb? With passenger side rear turn signal on, did you try pressing on the bulb, sometimes the bulb doesn't make good contact? Next, you would need to check voltage and ground for that turn signal. Go from there. I'll see if I can find wiring for that, wire colors.
Friday, January 16th, 2015 AT 1:46 PM
Note the diagram, yellow wire is voltage for right rear turn. If the right rear stop and tail lamp work, the ground isn't the problem. Does the right front turn, work?

At that yellow wire use a test lite to check for voltage, right rear turn on. The bcm supplies that voltage, I'm not saying the bcm is faulty. Have to test further.
Friday, January 16th, 2015 AT 2:10 PM
SATURNTECH9
Just to add to this one you cant check for power like that. Once the body control module senses a problem in the circuit like wiring bulb etc it will shut down the circuit for that bulb for that key cycle. Thats why if you have a bad bulb for instance if the key is on and you have that side turn signal on the new bulb wont work till the key is cycled again. It does that to protect the bcm makes it a little more challenging to diagnose the circuit when you have a problem. If you have the correct bulb you could have a terminal tightness issue on the bulb socket. I have seen a lot of those. Most of the time its a issue with the front turn signal bulbs.
Friday, January 16th, 2015 AT 4:13 PM
That's good to know, good job.
Saturday, January 17th, 2015 AT 8:48 AM
SATURNTECH9
Glad I could help.
Sunday, January 18th, 2015 AT 1:30 PM