Front passenger tire toed out after hitting curb

DACHTERHOF
  • 2006 FORD FOCUS
I have a 2006 ford focus. Recently I hit a curb which caused my front passenger tire to blow out. I replaced the tire immediately but now the new tire is toed out slightly to the right. So when the steering wheel is straight and the drivers side tire is straight, the passenger tire is angled ever so slightly to the right. It is very noticeable when I drive it. The car is constantly veering to the right and the tires squeal loudly when keeping the car angled straight. Is this an alignment issue, a bent tie rod or something more?
Saturday, December 5th, 2015 AT 1:29 PM

More than likely it is both, something is bent and will need realignment. Your tire will wear extremely fast on that side so get it looked at and fixed right away. I would suggest not driving this at highway speeds.
Saturday, December 5th, 2015 AT 1:49 PM
M_H_RITZEL
Most likely when you hit the rim you may have also could have bent the tie rod? That would also messed up the alignment and the pull to the right even with the steering wheel straight.
Saturday, December 5th, 2015 AT 3:42 PM
DACHTERHOF
Upon inspecting the tie rod I see that is bent. Is that the main source of the problem? I'd hate to replace it just to fund out that wasnt the problem
Saturday, December 5th, 2015 AT 3:45 PM
DACHTERHOF
Based off the image I've provided can you tell me of anything else needs to be replaced, other than the tie rod? I can prove more pics with different angles if you need them. I'm very desperate for help as I can not afford to have a mechanic do it for me. I'm hand with cars and have successfull completed many repairs but this exceeds my knowledge.
Saturday, December 5th, 2015 AT 5:02 PM
M_H_RITZEL
Based on the pictures, what I can see is that the tie rod is bent causing the wheel to be out of allignment and pulling to the right. Check the front drive shaft, it looks a little bent. What I would do is take it to a shop like Midas Muffler and have them check it out. They will give you an estimate on the cost, but you don't need it done there and sometimes they can be pushy so if you don't want it done say so up front. Just an estimate if you don't want to. You will need a allignment after you replace the parts though.
Sunday, December 6th, 2015 AT 6:32 AM