LOUD POPPING SOUND AND THEN NOTHING...

Ford Windstar

jaygirl269

May, 23, 2007 AT 7:35 AM

Hello - I have a 2002 Ford Sportrac, 2wd, 4.0, that has about 80,000 miles.
I just had one of the vacuum hoses replaced because it was idling irractically after that it seemed to be running fine. One day later, after leaving work, I started it and it made a loud popping sound and then it died. It will not turn over and the lights are dim. It makes a clicking sound when trying to start it too. A police officer tried to jump start it but it didn't work. Do you think that it could be related to the vacuum hose not being installed correctly or could it be something different just with bad timing?

Rudpro

May, 23, 2007 AT 12:45 PM

No, the vacuum hose should not be related. I'd start by taking the battery out and have it load tested at an auto parts store. Was there any smoke or anything when you heard the loud pop. Are the lights dim from trying to start it and wearing the battery down or were they dim right away after it died out?

blackop555

May, 23, 2007 AT 6:57 PM

Sounds to me you may have a defective battery or loose/corroded terminals.

Catalytic Converter Replacement Volkswagen
Replace Muffler