Heater, AC not working

ELETEACH03
  • FORD WINDSTAR
I have a 1996 Ford Winstar with approx. 180,000 miles and it is a 3.8 engine. I was running my defrost to defog my window and all of a sudden it quit. I have both front and rear heat. There is nothing coming from my heater or AC at all. I am thinking to check fuses first and then relays. But I cant tell which fuse it is cause someone has taken the cover from my fuse area inside. Can you help?
Nikole Benson
Saturday, August 25th, 2007 AT 5:46 PM

Interior fuse junction panel under left side of instrument panel-you'll be looking for no.36 which has a 30amp fuse.
Saturday, August 25th, 2007 AT 8:19 PM
The blower motor is it coming On.
Sunday, August 26th, 2007 AT 6:18 PM
Madam

In the instrument panel fuse box-you need to find all these fuses no.21 10amp no.36 30amp no.39 30amp.

The no.21 10amp powers all the circuits -by using no.21 and no.36 to transfer power to the blower motors /relays and resistors.

If you have a bad AC/Heater selector switch nothing is gonna work, it has to go thru there for the other stuffs to work.
Sunday, August 26th, 2007 AT 8:06 PM
It's the pink wire that comes from the 10amp to the AC/HTR selector switch or the switch itself.

BTW your electrical passages in the AC/Heater is worst than a can of Chef Boyardee Spaghetti it is not a DIY, you need to bring it in. You need to be a competent electrician to nail this one.

Please! Do not use PM stay here so the others can see it and help out-maybe! We'll wait and see who is gonna step my toes. Come on down!
Sunday, August 26th, 2007 AT 8:08 PM