2003 Ford Windstar Ambient Air Temperature Sensor Location

CHALKY
  • 2003 FORD WINDSTAR
Can someone tell me where I can find the sensor under the hood? Any manual that I have seen leaves me guessing with no specifics.
Wednesday, February 25th, 2009 AT 6:03 PM

2CARPROS MIKE
Can you be more specific as to which sensor you are referring. One of our techs will be awaiting more details as to your specific problem so we can help you.
Wednesday, February 25th, 2009 AT 11:32 PM
CHALKY
Yes. The car 2003 Windstar has an indash information center that provides driver with outside air temp, compass etc. There is a sensor Ford uses to capture the outside temperature. It looks like it might be located in the front right side of the vehicle. I just need to know where it is specifically located so that I can replace it.
-2
Wednesday, February 25th, 2009 AT 11:54 PM
JACK42
The picture I have wont be of much help either. Looks like it is located behind the grille, forward of the radiator core support. It has to be isolated form engine compartment temp, so it will be where fresh air can hit it
-1
Thursday, February 26th, 2009 AT 9:27 AM
CHALKY
FWIW, I found the sensor today. It is located low behind the grill just to the left of the license plate bracket as you look at the front of the Van.. It is no wheres near parallel with the alternator.

What made it difficult was Ford sending me the wrong part and me using the incorrect part as a guide for the part to be replaced.

Being a Ford, I am sure I will be replacing this piece again anyways.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/323422_DSC00902_1.jpg

The black cylinder object is the correct sensor. The yellow black is NOT what you want
+4
Friday, February 27th, 2009 AT 5:50 PM