* Low fuel pressure due to a weak pump or leaky fuel pressure regulator. (Use a fuel pressure gauge to check fuel pressure at idle)
* Dirty fuel injectors. (Try cleaning the injectors)
* Vacuum leaks at the intake manifold, vacuum hose connections or throttle body. (Use a vacuum gauge to check for low intake vacuum)
* Leaky EGR valve. (Check operation of EGR valve)
* Leaky PCV Valve or hose. (Check valve and hose connections)
* Dirty or defective Mass Airflow Sensor (MAF). (Try cleaning the MAF sensor wires or filament with aerosol electronics cleaner. Do NOT use anything else to clean the sensor, and do not touch the sensor wires)
February, 8, 2010 AT 10:33 AM
I have a 2002 WIndstar LX, had the same issue. They replaced my fuel pump because it was bad(van would all of a sudden not start, wait 30 mins then would start fine) but also had to have my lower manifold gasket replaced because it was leaking. The pump was expensive to fix but the gasket wasn't too bad.
March, 3, 2010 AT 12:57 PM
Codes are reported with TSB's from Ford
I tried the injector, MAF, and other cleaning but the codes still showed. Hope this one works.