2000 FORD WINDSTAR NO HEAT

• pforrest
  • 2000 Ford Windstar

Heater problem
2000 Ford Windstar 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 86000 miles

Have taken to a couple of shops to repair heater problem. They tried new actuator and said it was not the problem. They say the door inside the heater "box"? Is either stuck or broken and estimated cost of repair is $1200. Any suggestions? The 'slide' that regulates the amount of heat or cold doesn't seem to have any resistance but neither of the shops mentioned this. I would assume in the process of trying a new actuator, the would notice if there was a problem in the temp control 'slide'. Any suggestions?

Thursday, December 20th, 2007 AT 5:20 PM

• flexy5

The slide shouldn't have any resistance--it's electronic. If they tried to replace the actuator and it still won't work, then the blend door is broken. It's only made of plastic and is common for them to break. Just had a friend talk to me tonight actually about the same problem. Local garage in small midwest towm gave $1000 estimate. So depending on where you are, that's not too far off.

Dave

Thursday, December 20th, 2007 AT 10:21 PM