IGNITION KEY WON'T TURN

2000 Ford Windstar

harlow1

December, 27, 2009 AT 9:47 AM

2000 Ford Windstar 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 106000 miles

Key will not turn in any direction I have turned the wheel moved gear shift but it won't budge. There was nothing happening before hand like turning hard or sticking it just won't turn at all. I thought maybe the chip in the key went bad ( I don't know if that is possible) but I went to get one made but figured if if the machine could read it to make me a key it was probably ok & did'nt want to give up 70 bucks for nothing. The manual I have says you have to turn the key to on to get the cylinder out so I can't even check that. Any help would be great even if it's where I should go to get it fixed mechanic or lock smith? Thanks, Tim

Can't Remove Ignition Key

97 Country Ignition Switch

bluelightnin6

December, 27, 2009 AT 3:50 PM

Hello and thanks for the donation!

see if any of our tips will help on this problem at http://www.2carpros.com/first_things/why_wont_my_ignition_switch_turn.htm

let me know if you still have trouble after reading over and trying these suggestions.

GM Key Fob Programming
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement Guide