Sorry for the misunderstanding.
I am unable to find any good description on how to remove the dash and based on data available, if the vent is located on heater core housing, then it is not necessary to remove the complete dash. Attached are the exploded view of the instrument panel.
Removal & Installation
1. Disconnect negative battery cable. Drain cooling system. Remove air inlet duct. Disconnect heater hoses from heater core tubes. Remove ground strap retainer from heater core tube (if equipped). Remove lower instrument panel utility compartment and ashtray.
2. Remove rear seat airflow duct. Remove center instrument panel support brackets. Remove 7 screws retaining heater housing. Remove heater core assembly. To install, reverse removal procedure.
This is the procedure for removal of meter cluster and you should skip whatever steps that are not relevant or necessary.
Removal & Installation
1. Disconnect negative battery cable. Remove 2 screws and remove instrument panel steering column cover ("D") from below steering column. See Fig. 10 .
2. Remove 4 nuts and remove instrument panel steering column cover reinforcement from below steering column. Loosen 4 bolts retaining steering column. Lower steering column. Remove lower steering column shroud from steering column. Using a punch, push button below ignition lock cylinder and pull ignition switch lock cylinder out.
3. Remove upper steering column shroud from steering column. Remove light switch knob and gently pry instrument panel finish panel ("E") away from instrument panel ("A"). See Fig. 11 . Disconnect headlight switch miniature bulb socket from instrument panel finish panel.
4. Remove 2 retaining screws at bottom of cluster opening panel and gently pry from instrument panel. See Fig. 11 . Disconnect electrical connectors. Remove 2 retaining screws and gently pry instrument panel finish panel ("F") from instrument panel. See Fig. 12 . Disconnect transaxle range indicator cable from column by removing retaining screw and cable loop.
5. Remove 4 screws retaining instrument cluster. Pull instrument cluster forward to gain access to electrical connectors. Disconnect electrical connectors. Remove instrument cluster. To install, reverse removal procedure. Tighten instrument cluster retaining screws to 18-26 INCH lbs. (2-3 N.m). Tighten instrument panel steering column cover reinforcement retaining screws to 106 INCH lbs. (12 N.m).
Hope the above are helpful.
Please consider a to help us answer more questions.
Monday, February 2nd, 2009 AT 8:48 AM