ENGINE MECHANICAL PROBLEM1999 FORD WINDSTAR ...

1999 Ford Windstar

heavychevyman1987

June, 29, 2010 AT 1:27 PM

1999 Ford Windstar Front Wheel Drive Automatic

i try to turn on the car sometimes it cranks but recently I havent been ale to get it started, usaully I put gas in it and it will crank but that hasent been working lately. I am trying to figure out what can be the problem.

Wiring Issue?

June, 29, 2010 AT 6:22 PM

Lets do below for a start to determine if its fuel or spark related issue and get back with some results

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front Ford
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mini Cooper
Oil Change and Filter Dodge Nitro
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang