1997 Ford Windstar cylinder misfires

DAVIDFARR3000
  • 1997 FORD WINDSTAR
1997 Ford Windstar 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

i was just wondering if you might be able to tell me what cylinders are where and how to remove the rear plugs behind the engine to fix those cylinders as well, please give me any input you can and also I have another code, it is po174, could you please elaborate on that also thanks
Thursday, November 26th, 2009 AT 8:12 PM

Hi davidfarr3000 and TY for the donation

What are the misfire code/s?

P0174:

A lean fuel condition can be caused by:

* Low fuel pressure due to a weak pump or leaky fuel pressure regulator. (Use a fuel pressure gauge to check fuel pressure at idle)

* Dirty fuel injectors. (Try cleaning the injectors)

* Vacuum leaks at the intake manifold, vacuum hose connections or throttle body. (Check for vacuum leaks)

* Leaky EGR valve. (Check the operation of the EGR valve)

* Leaky PCV Valve or hose. (Check valve and hose connections)

* Dirty or defective Mass Airflow Sensor (MAF). (Try cleaning the MAF sensor wires or filament with aerosol electronics cleaner. Do NOT use anything else to clean the sensor, and do not touch the sensor wires)
Friday, November 27th, 2009 AT 4:04 AM
DAVIDFARR3000
The codes I get are po300 and po304 and another one that I cant remember, it was either po305 or po306, maybe both but I would like to possibly get a diagram as to where the cylinders are and what number they are and how to remove plugs in the rear of engine
Friday, November 27th, 2009 AT 8:40 AM
Dunno how to get the back side plugs in a quickie never done 3.0/3.8 liter engine

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_winstar_fo_1.jpg

Friday, November 27th, 2009 AT 2:42 PM