SOLENOID

1992 Ford Tempo

dav

November, 10, 2008 AT 8:13 AM

1992 Ford Tempo 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 20000+ miles

solenoid wiring

November, 10, 2008 AT 8:25 AM

For what solenoid?

dav

November, 10, 2008 AT 9:37 AM

Sorry called relay on ford
starter relay. My sons 1992 ford tempo

" clicks" when ig. Switch is turned new starter, new relay switch started once now just clicks, pit new batt out of caravan in tempo same thing could it be ig. Switch?
Is wiring on relay incorrect if only one wire is on one side and other (small wires) are all together.
Thamks

November, 10, 2008 AT 1:49 PM

At the small terminal S the red and lite blue wire goes there. The other small wires with the lump on it goes to the battery terminal coming from the battery.

Do this use a jumper cable and jump both battery terminal on the starter relay -did the starter crank the engine over?

At the red and lite blue wire-have helper hold key in cranking position-do you have power-if not could be an ignition switch, neutral safety switch on the transmission or the starter itself

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_starter_circuit_7.jpg

dav

November, 11, 2008 AT 6:06 PM

As in so many things I do in cold weather lately I did an incomplete job. The wiring harness clip had kept me from tightening the ground on the starter properly,
oh to be 17 again and not feel the cold in my joints, as
always if your young enjoy youth while you can if your old I hope you have a garage for winter car work.
Dav

Drive Shaft Removal - All Cars
Axle Bearing, Seal, E-Brake Shoes, Brake Pads