Oil Leak

LER281
  • FORD TAURUS
I have a 1999 Ford Taurus and as I was driving, everytime I would press the gas pedal, I would hear some scratchy noise. Like when a fan is blowing and you put a pen in the way and it sounds kind of like clicking at the same time. Well like that. Then the oil light came on. So I pulled over in to the nearest store I could find, and I filled up with oil. I was heading home and about 15 minutes later I heard it again. So I went to AutoZone. The guy was clueless, and I Refilled it with oil just to make it home. Well as I did that I looked under the car and My oil was leaking. Whats wrong with my car? Is is something big?
Saturday, August 11th, 2007 AT 10:48 PM

Sounds like the leak is coming from the valve cover/s the way you describe it, that fast and if its the oil pan the engine has to be running.

Or I could be wrong and its the oil drain plug/oil sending unit/pan/oil filter housing/front and rear seals.
Monday, August 13th, 2007 AT 1:16 AM
LER281

Or I could be wrong and its the oil drain plug/oil sending unit/pan/oil filter housing/front and rear seals.[/Quote:91f419570a]

Thanks for your help. I'll check it out. I wasnt too sure you know.
Monday, August 13th, 2007 AT 3:59 PM