96 AIR CONDITIONING COMPRESSOR NOT WORKING

1996 Ford Taurus

andycam

July, 13, 2007 AT 11:06 AM

Hi all Im new here and have a question. As you can see I have a 96 Taurus with a compressor not working. Now the other day the air was feeling a little warm so I put in a nother can of R-134 in to the system at that time I could see the compresser working and the air got nice and cool, now the same day I was driving to work and it started to blow hot air. Today I checked to see if the compresser was working and it was not. Is there a fuse that controlls the compresser if so were is it located? This is all new to me But am willing to learn how this stuff works.

Update: I have checked all the fuse that I would think that would controll the compresser and nothing. Also checked for any loose connections on the A/C unit, and I can turn the compresser cluch by hand.

Thank you
Andy

andycam

July, 14, 2007 AT 8:44 AM

I have one what do I do

andycam

July, 14, 2007 AT 1:38 PM

Thanks for the reply back. Ok I have power on the purple wire off the accumulator. I jumped the two wires and yes the commpresser ran and the A/C got nice and cold and the engine cooling fan ran.
What is the next step?

andycam

July, 14, 2007 AT 2:13 PM

Thank you so very much for your help Ill get the part monday and post the results

Andy

Update: Replaced part A/C works great Thanks

Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler
Serpentine Belt Replacement Acura MDX