Location of orifice tube

JSANTIAGO1
  • 2002 FORD TAURUS
Evacuated system, replaced dryer, but cannot find orifice tube. Had low port reading of 38 psi, high port went above 500 psi. Will flush system after removing orifice, Mitchell does not provide the location either. Thank you.
Sunday, May 23rd, 2010 AT 10:35 AM

BLUELIGHTNIN6
The orifice tube is hidden under isolation of the high side line here is the location and the special tools you need to take out the tube if it breaks.

Check out the diagrams (below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Cheers
+3
Sunday, May 23rd, 2010 AT 12:22 PM
LEGOMOM
  • 1999 FORD TAURUS
M AC has stopped cooling and I now know I have to replace the orifice tube. I need a diagram of location of orifice tube location on my car with dual over head cam v-6. So if you could help me find a diagram it would be great. Thank you
Sunday, September 9th, 2018 AT 7:25 PM (Merged)
WRENCHTECH
A simple orifice tube is not going to solve any problems for you. If the tube is restricted, that means the compressor is coming apart and all the debris has likely clogged the condenser also. If you do not fix this right you can destroy the entire system.
+1
LEGOMOM
I have some one looking at my car but we cannot find the location of orifice tube. The compressor has been checked out and works fine. I only have to find where the orifice tube goes so we do not have pull more off the car searching for the location of orifice tube. If I could get a diagram of AC to orifice tube would help a lot. I am in GA and it is very hot in the summer and I cannot go without AC.
+1
WRENCHTECH
I will remind you again that an orifice tube will not have a problem unless the system is contaminated and if you do not resolve the source of the contamination, your subsequent repair cost will be astronomical.

This particular vehicle does not have a replaceable tube. The tube is built into the liquid line that runs from the condenser to the evaporator and the entire line has to be replaced. The only way to see the tube is to cut the line open. Just the fact that your mechanic does not know this tells me that he is not experienced in AC whatsoever. I am a tech in South Florida and I have specialized in A/C repairs for many years and do these every day.
+1
LEGOMOM
Thank you for your advise and help, hope you have a good day.
WRENCHTECH
You are welcome. Good luck with it.
-1
READY2GOWWFONMECHANIC
  • 2000 FORD TAURUS
Can someone tell me where the orifice tube for the AC on my car listed above is located?
BMRFIXIT
Check this.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/99387_orifice_1_1.jpg

or this

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/99387_orifice_1.jpg

DINOMOM66
  • 2004 FORD TAURUS
Where is the orifice tube located and what is the best way to get to it and change it? Thanks
BMRFIXIT

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/99387_tube_1.jpg

+1