COOLANT LEAK

2002 Ford Taurus

don.sharon

October, 11, 2008 AT 5:36 PM

Engine Cooling problem
2002 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 160000 miles

My engine light came on so I immediately checked my oil and my engine coolant. The coolant resevior was nearly empty so I filled it with 50/50 coolant. The check engine light remains on and it seems that the coolant is not staying full, although it is not depleting quickly (I noticed a wet spot on my garage floor that looks like coolant). Is there a danger of harming my engine if I keep driving it while continuing to check and replenish the coolant until I can get it in to have it looked at? What does this sound like to you?

Jack42

October, 11, 2008 AT 9:22 PM

The leak could be any number of things. Too many to guess. If you monitor the coolant level and dont overheat the engine it should be ok for a few days til you have it looked at. The check engine light means that the computer that runs your engine/trans sees a problem. It will need to be scanned to find out what is wrong

Radiator Replacement Kia Sportage
Radiator Replacement Mercedes Benz ML 500
Radiator Hoses and Thermostat Replacement