These are instructions for a 99 Taurus, yours is probably similiar:
1. Disconnect battery ground cable (14301).
2. Remove oil level dipstick (6750) as directed.
3. Raise vehicle on hoist. Refer to Section 00-02 .
4. Drain crankcase.
5. Remove starter motor (11002) and brace. Refer to Section 03-06 .
6. Disconnect engine control sensor wiring (12A581) from the heated oxygen sensors (HO2S) (9F472).
7. Remove dual converter Y pipe (5F250). Refer to Section 09-00 .
8. Remove engine rear plate (7007) from converter housing.
9. Remove oil pan retaining bolts. Remove oil pan (6675) making sure internal pan baffle does not snag oil pump screen cover and tube (6622).
1. Clean the gasket surfaces on the cylinder block (6010) and oil pan.
2. Note: Prior to applying sealer, clean sealing surface with Metal Surface Cleaner F4AZ-19A536-RA or equivalent meeting Ford specification WSE-M5B392-A, to remove all residues that may interfere with the sealer's ability to adhere.
Note: When using silicone sealer, assembly should occur within seven minutes after sealer application. After this time, the sealer may start to set-up, and its sealing effectiveness may be reduced.
Apply a 6 mm (1/4-inch) bead of Silicone Gasket and Sealant F7AZ-19554-EA or equivalent meeting Ford specification WSK-M2G343-A4 to the junction of the rear crankshaft main bearing cap and cylinder block and junction of the engine front cover (6019) and cylinder block.
3. Locate oil pan gasket (6710) to oil pan with sealing bends against oil pan surface and secure with Gasket and Trim Adhesive F3AZ-19B508-AA or equivalent meeting Ford specification ESE-M2G52-A.
4. Position oil pan.
5. Install oil pan retaining bolts. Tighten to 10-14 Nm (89-123 lb-in).
6. Back off all bolts and retighten.
7. Install engine rear plate to the converter housing.
8. Install dual converter Y pipe as described in Section 09-00 . Connect the engine control sensor wiringto the heated oxygen sensors.
9. Install starter motor and brace. Refer to Section 03-06 .
10. Lower vehicle.
11. Replace oil level dipstick.
12. Connect battery ground cable.
13. Fill crankcase to proper level with Motorcraft Super Premium 5W30 Motor Oil XO-5W30-QSP or equivalent meeting Ford specification WSS-M2C153-G.
14. Start engine and check for engine oil and exhaust leaks.
Thursday, March 15th, 2007 AT 11:01 PM