2000 Ford Taurus cigar lighter does not work

ROBRASTER
  • 2000 FORD TAURUS
HI,

The Cigar Lighter in my 2000 ford Taurus does not work. I have replaced the # 13 fuse (20A) in the fuse box, as it was burned, and still no power.

After replacing the fuse the lighter did not work, I also tried a phone charger, to verify, it did not work as well.

I am thinking maybe the lighter outlet itself is bad.
Any ideas?

Monday, November 16th, 2009 AT 11:03 AM

If the fuse was bad, then there is a short. Did the new fuse blow or is it still good? THis may sound crazy, but make sure a penny or dime didn't slip into the receiver end of the component. I have seen that happen more than once. It causes the fuse will keep blowing.

If the fuse is still good, have you checked to see if there is power to the lighter?

Let me know.

+1
Thursday, November 19th, 2009 AT 11:19 PM
CHESSMATE
I am having the same problem with my 2000 ford taurus sel but the fuse was fine and my obd doesn't have a connection
Sunday, September 24th, 2017 AT 4:24 PM
Please start a new question specific to your car, and be sure to include the correct engine size in case we need to look up a wiring diagram, and the mileage which we look at when making judgments. Unlike other sites where anyone can add a reply, this was a private conversation between two people eight years ago, and they are the only ones who will get a notice that there's another reply. To all the other experts, this question is listed as already having received a reply, so they won't see your addition of have a chance to answer. That won't get you the help you need.

Be sure to clarify your comment on the fault code reader. Is the plug for it missing? Is the plug different than the one on your code reader? Or is the code reader just dead when you plug it in?

To get started, measure the voltage on both test points on top of the fuse and include the results in your first post. That will tell us which way to start looking.
Monday, September 25th, 2017 AT 6:56 PM