Diagram of fuse box

JAZZYJ1967
  • 1999 FORD TAURUS

Six cylinder front wheel drive automatic 120, 00 miles.

I need the diagram to check and see where all the fuses go, along with voltage of the fuses.

Monday, March 31st, 2008 AT 4:47 PM

2CARPROS KEN

Hi there, here is the diagram as you requested, the best one I have found.

Here is a guide on how to check the fuses:

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.

Best, Ken

-2
Tuesday, April 18th, 2017 AT 12:18 PM
MISNENES
  • 1999 FORD TAURUS

Hello, I need to find the fuse box in the car and also if anybody knows a good diagram with the fuses needed and where. I do not own a tester and I do not want to be going one by one. Just go to it and change it. Please help. Thanks

Tuesday, April 18th, 2017 AT 12:19 PM (Merged)
DN4192
  • 1998 FORD TAURUS

Six cylinder front wheel drive automatic 129,700 miles.

I have the SE station wagon. It is a 3.0 OHV. I need to remove a couple of fuses from the fuse box located next to the battery. However, when you remove the lid it does not signify which fuse is which. I need to remove the fuses that activate the A/C compressor. I believe they are number 25 and 26. Is there somewhere on the web that has a diagram of this fuse box?

DN4192

Thanks for the diagram. Why does the AC clutch have two fuses? I am removing them because with the issues I have having with my engine, using my defrost puts a strain on the engine and I was told that by removing them the defroster will still work with less stress on the engine.

BMRFIXIT

Not recommended to do so but if you like to do it best if you remove the cycle switch connector or AC compressor clutch.

-1
DN4192

My problem basically is that when I go to use the defrost it puts strain on my engine and I was told that when you use defrost the compressor comes on and that I do not need the compressor (unless I am using my AC which I do not) that it will put less strain and allow the defrost to work. And from the diagram I guess there are two fuses associated with the AC clutch and cycle switch.

-1
BMRFIXIT

The compressor A/C clutch comes on when defrost is on that to keep the system oiled
pulling the fuse may stop another circuit and pulling the plug off the cycle switch will stop the A/C from kicking in.

J.STIEG
  • 1998 FORD TAURUS

I need a neutral safety switch wiring diagram. Also, can you get me a fuse panel lay out?Thanks!

J.STIEG

Having a problem with getting out of park, when ignition is turned so that the lights come on the dash. If I disconnect the battery to the car shifting is normal in every function. What do you think?

Also I need fuses position 20 through 39. Thanks

+1
WRENCHTECH

It would have been better if you just posed your symptoms rather than anticipated solutions. We could have got to the solution quicker.

That would be called the shift interlock feature. It operates on the same circuit as the brake lights so the first thing you want to do is to make sure the brake lights are working when this problem is present. If the brake lights are working, that proves the circuit is good up to that point, then you will have to get to the solenoid in the console/column. Disassemble as much as you have to to access the solenoid near the shifting mechanism. Us a twelve volt test light to test for power coming and going at the solenoid when the brake is applied. If power is arriving and switching and the solenoid is not triggering, the solenoid is bad and will have to be replaced.

J.STIEG

The brake lights do not come on and power windows do not work, and will not shift out of park when started or key forward. I will get power supply tested to that solenoid. Any thing else I can try? Thanks

WRENCHTECH

If you do not have brake lights, then check for power both in and out of the brake light switch.

J.STIEG

I pulled the wiring harness off the brake and there is no voltage present on ether connection with key on.

WRENCHTECH

Then you have a burned out fuse. Test them all with a test light. Fuse number five is brake light and shift interlock.

J.STIEG

Replaced fuse five, it looked good, No change in brake/shifter condition.

I do not want to get ahead of you, but I noticed where fuse goes in there is power on on one leg, looks normal.

Thanks for all your support. What should I check next?

WRENCHTECH

I have given you all the information you need to track down the problem. Go back to the brake light switch and see if you now have power in and out.

J.STIEG

I do not have power coming (certainly not going) at the brake switch after replacing the five amp fuse. Brake lights power up fine when supplying twelve volts at brake switch leaving leg.

I have my ASE in electrical. I am mainly after diagrams and specs. Thanks

A replaced fuse (not open).
Fuse has power.
And no incoming power at brake switch, coming or going.

WRENCHTECH

The diagram shows a different fuse but you were already asked to check all the fuses.

J.STIEG

In your first post, fuse position 20-39 is not there. Can you get it for me?

For me its worst case scenario, panel says see owners manual and I found out manual was for a 1999 and it is a lot different.

Need fuse positioning before going any further.

J.STIEG

This was all I wanted.

Fixed the problem, replaced fuse block, failed because 0f a 30amp fuse in 5amp slot, owner had wrong manual.

I will be All Data soon.