1997 Ford Taurus CV joint

• 1 POST
  • 1997 FORD TAURUS

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
1997 Ford Taurus 6 cyl 140000 miles

after checking on your site, which I think is great by the way, I think my cv joint is bad. It pulls, and definitely shakes when I brake. Do I need to replace the axel? I'm confused? I don't want to continue to replace either. Before I go in to have it repaired, I wanna make sure I know what to say. I need the car to last me for at least another year or more before I can get a new one. Looks expensive though. How much would on average for me to have this repaired? Thank you so much.

Friday, May 28th, 2010 AT 12:50 PM

The shaking while braking will most likely be warped rotors. As far as the pull goes, you may want to try a cross rotate of the tires to see if it pulls the other way. If it does then you will need to replace the tires. Usually tires that cost less end up causing more problems. F the cross rotate does not change the pull, then further inspection of the suspension will need to be done.

Saturday, May 29th, 2010 AT 12:05 AM