1995 Ford Taurus Transmission fluid leaking out fastly

TTYLER51172
  • 1995 FORD TAURUS
1995 Ford Taurus 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

My transmission started slipping about 1/8 mile from home by the time I got to my drive transmission fluid started leaking out. Once I parked the car a big puddle of transmission fluid came out and anytime I add more it comes out when I start the car.
Wednesday, May 21st, 2008 AT 3:49 PM

GREGB18
Just wondered if any one knows what could be wrong.I drove about two miles home and the car starting slipping. When I shut the car off I had a big puddle of transmission fluid on the ground.
Sunday, September 28th, 2008 AT 9:07 PM
OBXAUTOMEDIC

Looking under the car were does the leak look like it is coming from. The left or right side fron around radiator, toward the back of the engine.

Have you crawled under the vehicle to see if it might just be a broken hose or line going from the tranny to the radiator.
Sunday, September 28th, 2008 AT 9:30 PM
GREGB18
It is leaking right under the tranny on the drivers side. It is a 2000 mercury cougar.
Sunday, September 28th, 2008 AT 10:00 PM
OBXAUTOMEDIC

If it is only leaking out when you start the vehicle then it sounds like a front pump seal. The tranny will have to come out to repair.

If it is leaking whether the vehicle is running or not the it could possibly be the Axle seal at the tranny on the driver side.

It is also possible that the transmission pan gasket is leaking.

You would have to try to get up under the vehicle to get a good look and see if you can tell exactly were it is leaking.
Monday, September 29th, 2008 AT 2:43 PM
GUIDE
The tranny caseing is more than likely cracked right where the rear exaust passes by the tranny.
Friday, April 24th, 2009 AT 11:40 PM